How do you define an ideal weekend? How about tucking comfortably in bed and watching your favorite movies and TV series the entire day? Wow! It sounds like fun. If you are a die-hard movie fan and deadly addicted to TV series, you must have heard the name “KODI.” But, the blessing of Kodi comes with a curse of censorship. Kodi is illegal. A VPN is all you need to get the most fun out of your Kodi.
What is Kodi?
Kodi – an open source (and free!) software for your love of streaming; turn your device into a digital box to stream files from the internet; the content that Kodi offers ranges from live TV to movies, TV shows, music, books, games, sport, and whatnot. Although Kodi was designed initially for the Microsoft Xbox, it has continued to evolve and revamped into a home of entertainment. It’s created its community of fans and developers.
Kodi has an interface that works with local and network storage services to which you’re already subscribed. Be aware! Kodi doesn’t come with its content; instead, it hosts official and third-party add-ons to enhance the Kodi experience.
What Makes Kodi Number 1 Choice For The Binge-Watchers?
The popularity of Kodi is acclaimed among users due to its accessibility and user-friendly interface. In a short period, Kodi has become one of the most popular streaming platforms enjoyed by millions of users across the world.
The best part about Kodi is that users can also access video and audio content from other platforms by installing third-party add-ons. And, when we say add-ons, believe me, many options are available. However, a considerable amount of add-ons are restricted to specific regions only. So, if you decided to watch BBC iPlayer via Kodi add-on and reside in Nigeria, that might not be possible. The best VPN for Kodi helps you unblock these add-ons.
Other than geo-blocking, copyright infringement laws in many regions of the world pose a significant threat to Kodi users. Let’s say you are a UK citizen and want to use Kodi; you cannot. The UK government has banned the use of Kodi. Sell and purchase of Kodi boxes is illegal in the UK. Anyone found doing so will face legal penalties. This issue can be catered to by using a Kodi VPN.
I hope you are convinced that Kodi VPN is a must-to-have tool for you. Here the problem is which VPN to choose. There are more than 300+ VPN providers in the market, and each claim to be the best. In reality, most VPNs are nothing but false claims. We have tested a dozen VPN providers and drafted a list of Kodi’s top 5 best VPNs. The selected ones are listed below:
List of 5 Best VPNs for Kodi
Now, let’s move on and discuss ‘how to install a VPN on Kodi.’
Step-By-Step Guide to Install VPN on Kodi
Before you install Kodi on any of your respective devices, you need to understand how to use a VPN with Kodi. We are taking a simple example of Netflix USA to make you know the VPN process with Kodi. So shall we begin?
- First, you need to buy a VPN subscription. [Not all VPNs are Kodi supported. We have provided you a list of the top 5 Kodi VPNs].
- Once you have a VPN subscription, download the VPN app or manually set it up on your respective device.
- Launch the VPN app and enter the credentials
- Select the USA server and connect to the VPN
- Now install Kodi on your device (we will provide you a step-by-step process for a different device in this article)
- Install Kodi add-on that offers Netflix as one of the available channels
- Once the add-on is installed, go to Netflix and enjoy the USA library without glitches or restrictions.
Here’s how you can install VPNs on Kodi usingLEC Isengard or OpenELEC Krypton.
- Open the Kodi app on your device and click on ‘Settings’ and select ‘File Manager.
- Double click on ‘Add source.’
- A box will appear, click on ‘None’ and enter the URL of your VPN provider, and hit ‘Done’ [If you don’t know what URL to join, contact live chat support]
- Give a name to your installation like ‘Kodi Add-on’ and click ‘Done’ and hit ‘OK..’
- Come back to your Kodi ‘Home Screen.’
- Select ‘Add-ons’ and click on ‘Add-on Browser’
- Start the installation from the zip file and click on the ‘Kodi Add-on.’ It’s the same file you created for your VPN provider.
- Your repository will start downloading.
- Once the installation is done, go to ‘Program Add-ons’ and click on [VPN Provider OpenVPN], and hit on ‘Add-on Settings’
- A box will appear now enter your VPN provider credentials
- To select the server of your choice,, click on ‘Change or Disconnect VPN’ Now, select the server from the list provided and connect
You are now 100% protected with your Kodi VPN.
And, here comes the tricky part; installing Kodi on different devices.
Steps to Install Kodi on Windows
Before installing Kodi on your Windows device, it is recommended to connect to a VPN first.
- Go to the Microsoft Store and search for Kodi or download it from the official website..
- Check the destination of downloaded files and start the setup
- Click on “I Agree” to accept the Kodi license agreement
- Select the components and hit the ‘Next’ button
- Designate a folder where you want to install Kodi and click ‘Next..’
- The installation will start in a couple of seconds
- As soon as the installation is completed, check on ‘Kodi Run’ and click ‘Finish..’
Steps to Install Kodi on Mac
Don’t forget to download the best Mac VPN before starting using Kodi on your Mac device.
- Download the latest version of Kodi on mac from its official website.
- Click on the Kodi disk image to open it.
- Now, drag the Kodi icon into the application folder so it will start downloading on your device.
- Once the installation is complete, click to open Kodi. If you see this message, “Cannot open because it is from an unidentified developer,” don’t panic. It is because of the setting of your Gatekeeper. Now, either press CMD+Click or right-click on the Kodi app. Then click Open, and it will resolve the issue. You can also adapt the second option by visiting the ‘Security & Privacy section of System Preferences and selecting ‘Anywhere’ under the option of ‘Allow applications downloaded from.’
- Holaa! You are done, and now you can use Kodi on your Mac device.
Steps to Install Kodi on Android
Using Kodi on Android allows you to watch movies and TV shows on the go. This procedure is the same for all android devices, including phones, tablets, and smart TVs.
- Click on ‘My Apps’ on the home screen
- Now, click on ‘Browser.’
- Enter https://kodi.tv in the browser URL bar and press ‘OK’
- Now, go to ‘Downloads.’
- Click on ‘ARM Version’
- Then, go back to the home screen and click on ‘My Apps’
- Go to ‘App Installer’
- Click on ‘Local Disk’
- Search ‘Kodi App; and hit ‘OK’ to start the installation
- A pop-up will appear; click ‘Install.’
- Once the installation is done, click on ‘Open.’
Viola! Enjoy Kodi on your Android devices.
Steps to Install Kodi on iOS
The given steps are only for iPhone and iPad
- Go to Safari browser and search tweakboxapp.com
- Allow the site to display you a configuration profile and start downloading.
- Go to the profile and select ‘Install again.’
- Now, open the app, and you will see ads pop up. Swipe the ads or click on the ‘x’ sign
- Go to the ‘Apps’ section and under ‘Categories’ select ‘TweakBox App.’
- Search the Kodi app via the search bar at the top of the screen
- Go to ‘Settings,’ ‘General’ and select ‘Profile and Devices Management
- Click ‘Enterprise App’ and then click ’Trust.’
- Hit ‘Trust’ again, and Kodi will appear on your iOS device home screen and ready to use
Are you still on the edge of deciding whether you want to get a Kodi VPN or not? Well, read further!
Do I Need A VPN for Kodi?
At the beginning of the article, we mentioned that Kodi add-ons are restricted to specific regions only. The best VPN for Kodi can help you bypass these restrictions. Apart from this one particular reason, many others will make you instantly buy the VPN for Kodi. Let’s go check out some of the most common uses of Kodi VPN.
Don’t Cross Ways with Legal Authorities, Get a Kodi VPN For A Safe Ride
DMCA, Infringement laws, Copyright issues, and media houses are all lurking to catch you red-handed while watching movies and TV shows online, especially on Kodi. Based on this fact, many Kodi addons and repositories are being shut down daily. If you don’t want to face legal issues, Kodi VPN is your savior.
Irritated With A Bumpy Ride, Gear-Up your Kodi Speed With A VPN
Not to mention, as we all might have heard about the brutal murder of Net Neutrality, which provided complete control to ISPs to slow down internet speed anytime. Internet throttling has become a severe issue in many countries like the USA, Canada, and different regions of Europe. ISPs are asking for extra charges for you to enjoy a fast internet connection. Why pay more when you can trick your ISP by hiding your IP.
You Have Been Watched – Avoid Outside Intrusion On Kodi with a VPN
NSA, GCHQ, and the government of ‘14 Eyes’ participant countries are constantly snooping on your online activities. Don’t let them know what you are watching on your Kodi device by getting anonymity completely with a Kodi VPN.
The Door is locked – Unlock Doors to Unlimited Content with a Kodi VPN
Besides add-ons, you might also face issues while accessing different channels or content on your Kodi. We can take the example of UFC and Boxing. Live streaming of UFC and boxing matches via Pay-Per-View is blocked in many regions. With the best VPN for Kodi, you can get out of your area and be a virtual residence in USA or UK, where live streaming is available.
What Is Your Key Takeaway?
Kodi is free, easy, and offers much more than we expect. It is home to the best entertainment ranging from movies, TV series, sports, documentaries, music, and online games. Each add-on is a whole world in itself, but to access them safely, you need a VPN.
We hope you have got everything you were searching for when you landed on our blog. A best Kodi VPN is your savior on the internet regarding online surveillance, censorship, and freedom.
Keep browsing, streaming and happy surfing online and stay connected with criticinfo.com