A Bluetooth tracker, also known as a tracking tag or smart tracker, offers a solution to the age-old problem of lost keys and wallets. You can attach or insert the tracker into your handbag, passports, and other objects for effortless location tracking.
When you access the gadget through a mobile app, the Bluetooth tracker usually emits an audible alarm you can follow, leading you to the misplaced item. You can also check its pinned location through your smartphone.
With a Bluetooth tracker, you never have to worry about losing essential items again. Know more about this ingenious device with answers to its top six FAQs:
1. How do Bluetooth trackers work?
Bluetooth trackers use advanced Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), aka Bluetooth 4.0. The technology allows wireless connection between the tracker and your mobile device. When activated, the tracker works via Bluetooth signals to transmit data location to your phone.
2. Are Bluetooth trackers secure?
If you’re worried about other people hijacking your tracker and taking your belongings, don’t be. Every Bluetooth tracker has a unique signature that corresponds to only one user account. This prevents other people from accessing the tracker and its location.
However, there’s one exception to this rule – some brands allow you to share the signature with other users. This will enable you to extend the range of the tracker in case you lose it farther than expected.
3. What’s the typical range for Bluetooth tracker?
Compared to the average 10-foot range of traditional Bluetooth, today’s trackers offer much longer signal ranges. An advanced Bluetooth tracker that uses Bluetooth 4 technology, for instance, can cover as much as 164 feet or more. However, this number can vary depending on interference from more significant objects, walls, people, and other devices.
4. How long do Bluetooth trackers last?
Depending on the brand, the best Bluetooth trackers can last up to three months on a single charge. Since these gadgets are set up using Bluetooth Low Energy, it consumes almost negligible amounts of power.
5. What items can you use a Bluetooth tracker for?
You can use a Bluetooth tracker for anything you don’t want to lose, as long as the tracker can be inserted or attached to the object. You can actively track up to five things at once, including:
- Passport cases
- TV remotes
- Pet collars or pet tags
- And more
6. What special features do Bluetooth tracker offer?
While Bluetooth tracker operate on the same basic concept, every brand offers its own set of unique features. Below are some fashionable must-haves:
- Bluetooth 4.0 or Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- Compatibility with both Android and iOS devices
- Active tracking means the tracker alerts owners once the item goes out of range
- Convenient, slim design
- Easy set-up
- Highly-audible alerts
- Ability to keep the tracking app running in the background
- Customizable alert settings including sounds, frequency, and exceptions
- Water resistance
- Wireless and fast charging
Protect Your Valuables with a Bluetooth Tracker
Bluetooth trackers offer a smart way to keep track of your belongings. No need to designate a particular place or employ complicated methods to avoid losing what matters – attach the tracker, fire up the app on your smartphone, and ring the tracker or check its exact location on the map.
Better yet, there are available Bluetooth trackers out there that are affordable without sacrificing amazing features.
- Wondershare PDFElement Pro Review
- How to Safely Surf the Web with a Free VPN
- 5 Easiest WordPress Themes For Beginner’s Websites
- 3 Huge Differences Between Free and Paid VPNs
- Intel HD Graphics 620 Review
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing for Small Businesses
- Google Marketing Tools Every Business Should Use